At Greenholm Primary School we used the Sports Premium Funding to meet objectives such as the following:
- To provide high-quality PE lessons and extra-curricular activities.
- Embed being physically active at school.
- Increase the level of physical activity for our children at Greenholm.
- Celebrate PE and school sports activities through competitive competitions.
The Sport Premium Funding will impact upon our school in the following ways:
- Raise the profile of PE and Sport across the whole school community; embedding physically active at school.
- To continue to provide high quality extra-curricular activities.
- Raise the skill level, attainment and confidence in children to participate in PE and other sporting opportunities.
- To develop and maintain positive healthy lifestyles.
- Continue to celebrate PE and school sport activities through competitive competitions.
- Value and support the development of PE pedagogy.
Afterschool clubs impact
as a result of providing a wide range of sports clubs both before and afterschool run by school employeed sports coaches, pupils at greenholm experience quality physical and social opportunities. We employ 4 sports coaches witha diverse range of skills, these lead activities before and afterschool as well as leading lunchtime clubs to enable as many children as possible to participate. This has resulted in atleast 40 children each day particiapting in a extra curricular activity of a physical nature.
These are lead by Seemita Gumbs, the teacher responsible for developing P.E. across the school.